Working towards these commitments
Secure Tenure Rights
Transparent and accessible information
Acción Campesina is a social actor promoting sustainable agriculture in partnership with other actors. They believe in the participation of rural people and of their organizations in order to promote the rural development of the country.
Initially born as one of the first programmes of the Centro al Servicio de Acción Popular in 1976, Accion Campesina became a legally independent entity in 1992. Today, Acción Campesina works primarily with local communities in the region of Barlovento del Edo -Miranda. It also provides legal advice and capacity building support as per the request of institutions working in other regions of the country.
Their values include:
1) Justice, full recognition, respect and exercise of human rights;
2) Freedom, individual capacity to make choices and therefore act in accordance with one's own principles and values;
3) Solidarity, personal and social commitment to a pertinent and appropriate level of support;
4) Honesty, personal and institutional conduct linked to ethics;
5) Respect, recognition of diversity and dignity of others and of their environment;
6) Individual and collective responsibility and commitment to accomplish results by means of the exercise of freedom.
We aim to support local development plans, in partnership with both private and public institutions working in specific geographical areas. We also maintain a capacity building thrust for peasant/communities' leaders, as well as for those professionals specialized in rural development.
Its constituencies include grass-roots organizations and local councils of producers' associations.