LAND AND SDGs: Land rights for an inclusive and sustainable world
12 – 15 October
The LAC Land Forum is a unique event organised every year by the International Land Coalition Latin America and the Caribbean to debate and put on the public agenda critical issues related to land governance and land rights of people living on and from land, as well as to share innovative approaches towards this issue.
The LAC Land Forum 2021 will take place, online, from 12-15 October through eight sessions and will focus on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the central role of land rights in achieving them. The challenges to achieving the 2030 Agenda have been further increased by the pandemic, which has hit hardest the most neglected sectors, including people living on and from the land. The pandemic also highlighted the need to underpin processes of change towards a more sustainable relationship with the planet, where the land rights of those who are its primary custodians are also central.
High profile public sector personalities from different countries, UN representatives, as well as representatives of various peasant and family farming organisations, women's organisations, youth organisations, NGOs, research centres, international organisations, among others. The list of panelists includes:
- Epsy Campbell, Vice President of Costa Rica - Session 8
- Anahí Durand, Minister of Women and Vulnerable Populations Peru - Session 8
- Florencia Gómez, Secretary of Environmental Policy in Natural Resources of the Government of Argentina - Session 1
- Bayron Arnulfo Bin Quej, General Manager of Fondo de Tierras de Guatemala (Guatemala) - Session 1
- Myriam Carolina Martínez Cárdenas, Director of the National Land Agency (Colombia) - Session 1
- Mirian Liduvina Cisneros, Andean Parliamentarian for the Republic of Ecuador - Session 2
- Amparo Cerrato, FAO - Session 2
- Marta Moneo, UN Environment LAC Regional Office - Session 5
- Cecilio Lopez, Mayor of Irala Fernandez (Paraguay) - Session 5
- Myrna Cunningham, Chair of the FILAC Board of Directors, Miskitu people (Nicaragua) - Session 6
- Toribia Lero Quispe, Member of Parliament and President of the Commission on Indigenous Peasant Nations and Peoples, Cultures and Interculturality of the Plurinational Assembly of Bolivia - Session 6
- Manuela Royo, Coordinator of the Convention on Human Rights of the Constituent Convention of Chile - Session 6
- Pedro Boareto, FAO - Session 7
- Claus Reiner, IFAD - Session 7
REGISTRATION, BROADCASTING AND LANGUAGES
➔ The Forum will be held via Zoom after registration here in the sessions of interest.
➔ It will also be broadcast via ILC LAC Facebook live.
➔ Languages: Spanish with translation into English and Portuguese.
MEDIA CONTACT AND INTERVIEWS
- Sandra Apaza Lanyi - ILC ALC
- Mail: email@example.com
- Mobile Phone: +34 625 830983